Today, I rushed frantically to the Bedok Tennis Court for my lessons afraid that I would be late but to my enormous relief, the class had not started yet. After doing my warm ups with the rest of the class, we started playing. After many rallies, a short break was issued by the coach. During the break, we sat down and started talking about many different topics. Shortly after, we got back to the court and started practicing on our volleys. Our coach instructed us along the way, correcting us of our wrong habits while volleying. We then continued on to our over-head smashes, which our coach emphasised alot on. As this stroke was new to me, I was quite lost and scared that I would be scolded for doing it wrongly. Forunately, I was quite able to execute the smash smoothly and I even got complimented.
Something bad then happened. My coach gave me a lob over my head and I immediately ran back, trying to get the ball back into play. While running backwards, I tripped over a tennis ball and with a loud "Thump", I fell onto the floor.
I felt dizzy for a while but I regained my consciousness and noticed that everyone was looking at me. I struggled to get my feet up and I felt an extreme pain on my left hand. I limped towards my coach and he examined me for any injuries. Then, I was directed to the the bench to get some rest. I got treated with some ice and the pain subsided eventually. Luckily, I didn't get any serious injury and I learnt to be more careful.

No comments:
Post a Comment