Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 21, 2011

Many enjoy sports and gaming and so do I but nothing interests me more than reading. Staying back in the school library, I took an interesting book titled The Pearl. Flipping through the first few pages, I found the book extremely interesting and engaging. After what seemed like a few minutes, I realised that I was done with the book. Many feel that reading is simple and a waste of time but I beg to differ. Reading books require a wide variety of vocabulary to understand what is happening in the story. Also,  it requires an understanding of the author's writing style. Reading allows one to open his eyes to the many different styles of writing and widens your range of vocabulary. We can also learn moral values from books which can relate to us in any point of our lives. Books open to us a whole new world in which we slowly learn more about through reading the book. Books are excellent stress relievers in which affects me greatly.
After reading a book, I feel relaxed and at ease. Appreciating the writing style of the author allows you to enjoy the book. While reading the book, I start to think how it relates to me and I begin to appreciate the people and things around me. I feel that books allow us to realise how to appreciate the many things happening around us and how we embrace this. With books, our lives become more fulfilling and enriching. With books, we escape reality into a make believe world.

1 comment: